Submitted by CA Shashi Mohan on Sat, 09/22/2018 - 6:33am.
1. Naming India Business
• Get ready with minimum 2 options of Business Name
• Name must be unique and defining the ‘main objective clearly’
• Get ready with ‘No Objection’ if intend to use the name of Holding Company or any Trade Mark
Companies in India having paid up Share Capital less than INR 5 Million (Appx. USD 76,000) and Annual Turnover less than INR 20 Million (Appx. USD 300 Thousand) are categorized as a "Small Company". There are of-course relaxed compliance norms for ‘Small Companies’, however the following activities must be done:
Currently the process to get a PAN in India is semi-automated. An online application can be made by using the link https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/pan/form49AA.html. Please be careful in mentioning particulars exactly same as per your identity proof, address proof etc.
Manual Form 49AA can also be downloaded from here.
. I am a US Passport holder; can I own a company in India?
Yes, you can very well own a company in India (partly or even wholly) or set up your own company in India. Setting up or owning a company in India can broadly be achieved with the following options:
• Buying shares in an existing business
• Starting a new company (please see Point No. 3 below)